Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The Benelli Click

CPAjeff

Let me preface this by saying that I have the world’s greatest Father. He’s been my hero and friend since I can remember. As time goes by and people age, it’s kind of funny to see the little nuances that show up.

For the past couple weeks I’ve been hunting birds with him and other family members in South Dakota and Utah. We’ve all shot Benellis since they were first introduced and never has my Father experienced more “Benelli clicks” than this past year. While sitting next to him in the duck blind, I counted how many times he was fiddling with his gun and then told him I was keeping track. I can’t repeat here what was he muttered under his breath, but it made me laugh. He was the sole reason for the Benelli click and saw the folly of his ways.

He has now surpassed the age at which his Father, my Grandfather, passed away. I’m not sure how many more hunts we have together, but I’ll cherish those Benelli clicks (and the adult tantrum that comes after)!

Last edited:
My benelli completely fell apart this weekend in sodak midhunt in the field. Getting a side by side for next year!!

View attachment 248602
I know that sound all to well. Pic of my Grandpa’s last hunt 3 seasons ago, and now one of his Benelli’s is mine since we lost him this year. 94 years old in that picture.
Damn son; if that man is 94 you have some good DNA floating around in you! Regardless I’m glad you had the chance to hunt with him and continue with your dad. Best of luck.

I have a couple of Benelli shotguns. Love them but I do prefer side by side. I also carried one on the job as an alternate assigned weapon in SWAT. Uparaded the springs early on. Seems to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back