Tc venture 300 win mag

Just bought this firearm, haven’t taken it out to the range yet. Plan on shooting a 155-180ish grain bullet out of the weapon. Does anyone have this firearm and have suggestions on what it likes?

Just bought this firearm, haven’t taken it out to the range yet. Plan on shooting a 155-180ish grain bullet out of the weapon. Does anyone have this firearm and have suggestions on what it likes?

Any updates? Considering same rifle as a budget 300 WM

I have the TC Venture in 7HT and love it, I ended up cerakoting the barrel and action. The gun now serves as my general duty deer and antelope rig with serious consideration for my upcoming cow elk tag. I did have the trigger worked on by my gunsmith which smoothed out its pull dynamic considerably, the pull weight wasn't an issue but crispness was. Now it shoots 1/2 MOA with 139 accubond hand loads and a Leupold CDS scope. You will not likely be disappointed.

My two brothers both bought the gun in .300. Both guns liked the 180 Nosler AB. One used the federal 180 gr fusion and took a couple of deer over 400yrds no problem.

I went with the Compass in 300 Win Mag. Should be in early next week. I need to order the MCarbo spring kit. I'll try to get the spring changed and scope mounted next weekend and shoot it the weekend after. It's blazing hot now in AZ so cooling the barrel will be problematic but generally makes the range less crowded.

If I was going to use this for hunting long term I would have considered the Venture. I couldn't find one in stock and didn't want to wait.

Bought the TC Venture 300 win mag in 2018 changed the butt pad to a Packmyre and recoil was easier. Prints 1/2" at 100 yards could do better if I took time, was using the tailgate of my truck as a rest at deer camp.
Nosler Partitions liked this gun. Bought this one for a hunt in NM with my son.

Back