Taylor Fork, MT

starvingoutdoorsman

So I have not been around the Taylor Fork in years. Never actually even seen elk in it to be honest. I drew the unlimited tag this year and want to keep it on my radar although I cant say I plan to be hunting that direction this year. But Its still possible. Anyone got any input on the area aside from "To many Griz and wolfs"? HAHA.

So I have not been around the Taylor Fork in years. Never actually even seen elk in it to be honest. I drew the unlimited tag this year and want to keep it on my radar although I cant say I plan to be hunting that direction this year. But Its still possible. Anyone got any input on the area aside from "To many Griz and wolfs"? HAHA.

I would take it off your radar.................If we get 3 feet of snow mid season, throw it back on the radar but other than that, you will probably find more elk, well, anywhere:)

What Critter says is mostly true, but there are still a few people who think its the only place to elk hunt in MT, and a few of them are successful yearly. Most of those people that still live and die by the Taylor Fork hunt it for mostly nostalgic reasons. That, and stubbornness, and they aren't the types that spout off about where they find elk.

What Critter says is mostly true, but there are still a few people who think its the only place to elk hunt in MT, and a few of them are successful yearly. Most of those people that still live and die by the Taylor Fork hunt it for mostly nostalgic reasons. That, and stubbornness, and they aren't the types that spout off about where they find elk.

Ya i'm definitely not trying to find honey holes. I imagine there are elk around year round but more towards when the snow flies. I would not probably end up there unless it does snow a bit anyways. Only reason I even ended up with the tag was I think it was the only unlimited tag you could put in for 3rd choice and I wanted to get something for my money. haha. Id rather hunt the Gravellies/Snowcrest.

I would take it off your radar.................If we get 3 feet of snow mid season, throw it back on the radar but other than that, you will probably find more elk, well, anywhere:)

That was my thought. I know there are the diehards that have a tough time going elsewhere when you have hunted the same spot 30 years. Only time I have even stepped foot in it was on the way to another spot. haha.

Back