Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Taxdermy question

I own Taylors Wildlife Connection Taxidermy in Michigan and as a taxidermist I think its only fair that a person gets somthing down to start work the average deer mount will leave the taxidermist with 150.00 dollars invested before he even puts the form on the mounting stand. this may not sound like much but times that by 50 or more and thats some serious coin. How many builders will start a project without some earnest money with no quaranty the guy will pick up his mount. The average tannery takes 4 mos to return a cape should the taxidemists set on this bill for that long? I dont take deposits from everyone but If I dont know you I will ask for something so we both are vested in the project, I want the rest of the money on completion and you want your mount thats only fair.

I paid 1/3 at drop off, 1/3 when the hide came back and the last 1/3 on pick up. Five months.
Because of the reason Schmalts states, I wouldn't expect any taxidermist to start work without a decent downpayment. He could end up bankrupt with a shop full of forked horn bucks and 2 lb bass.

My Taxidermist has always been pretty cool about me making payments to him of whatever I can. I have found out though that the only thing that moves you to the top of the list is paying up front. I kind of like having it payed for before I pick it up. Just makes the day that much better not having to shell out any cash.

always put down payments on my critters. usually 50%. but would never pay in full up front. hopefully, the guy wouldn't dissappear, but somethings funny if he wants it all before its done. being in construction, like was said, normally get 50% down right before I start a project. pays for most if not all the materials.

Back