Yeti GOBOX Collection

Swan and crane

D4570

OK, we are still waiting on the draw for Antelope.
But the swan and crane draw was held and posted.
We all got a swan tag and the D-I-L got a crane tag. I prefer the crane but a swan tag is just as hard to draw, and fun too.
Clap

I quit applying for crane after a few years of not drawing and realizing that they're harder to decoy in than I thought. Swan hunting didn't previously appeal to me until someone convinced me of how good swan pastrami can be. Going to have to wait for that pastrami as I didn't draw a tag this year.

I quit applying for crane after a few years of not drawing and realizing that they're harder to decoy in than I thought. Swan hunting didn't previously appeal to me until someone convinced me of how good swan pastrami can be. Going to have to wait for that pastrami as I didn't draw a tag this year.
It's always swan pastrami because any meat can make a good pastrami!

There is nothing tasty about shooting a 10 year old plus bird but it sure is a unique experience being able to harvest one. One of these days WI will allow one to be harvested, I hope!

Swan would be fun. Shot a few cranes before they are fun never targeted them. Some day if I ever live in a crane area I’ll target them. Few years back we goose hunted a field that had a few flicks of cranes in there. We shot eight or ten in the goose spread. Just enough for us to look up crane limits then never shot another one after. That one flock is cranes we must have knocked down 5-6 in one go was cranes falling everywhere lol

It's always swan pastrami because any meat can make a good pastrami!

There is nothing tasty about shooting a 10 year old plus bird but it sure is a unique experience being able to harvest one. One of these days WI will allow one to be harvested, I hope!
The idea using decoys I can afford, in the form of a slightly inflated white plastic trash bag, was also appealing as well. Ha!

No swan tag this year, I seem to draw one every other year. No crane either and I've only successfully drawn once out of about 5 tries. I just pass shoot both swans and cranes.

Back