Yeti GOBOX Collection

Swamp treasure

JShane

Took advantage of being off work today and hit the cypress swamps. Probably two of the prettiest drakes I've ever shot. Great weather this morning and great action. Saw plenty of other wood ducks that I wasn't able to connect on which just rounded out the morning. 20210118_103959.jpg20210118_075648.jpg20210118_111001.jpg

Love those things! Who knows, those birds could have come from a beaver pond, here in the Adirondacks. They leave here pretty quickly in the fall. They're not big fans of the cold!

Wood ducks are my favorite duck they are beautiful and one of the best tasting ducks as well

Doug its entirely possible this spot doesn't hold any wood ducks until January rolls around. No way they are local boys.

These special birds hold a special place with me for sure. The way you hunt them, the way they look and the way they taste.

Here’s the first conversation I’d be having after harvesting those beautiful birds. “Hello, taxidermist? I got a woodie and it needs mounted. You can do it? Great, I’ll be right over.”

And the next conversation: “hello, wife? I’ll be home late. I got a woodie and I’m gettin it mounted”

I’ve never hunted them but I’ve always wanted one mounted. I think they are so pretty. Used to love watching them swim in the creek turkey hunting

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back