Suggestions on central MN rifle ranges?

Eric.MN

I recently bought a couple of new rifles and am eager to get to a range. Anyone know of ranges around the St. Cloud MN area they would recommend? Seems hard to find a range over 200 yards (like 300/400 yards) with out having to travel some distances. I have a couple in mind but any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Finding Rifle Ranges where you can shoot over 200 yards, seem to be few and far between back east.
I live in SW Michigan, and have the same problem, the nearest one by me is 55 miles away, and has a $300.00 a year membership fee.

Kevin

There is a range near Elk River that gets out past 200 yds. Not sure if there is anything closer, maybe in Monticello or find out if Camp Ripley has any public range days.

Not sure if ripley does but I've been in there for work and boy they have some long cool ranges. I know periz has one with 300 yards and st cloud has a 200. Just seeing if someone knows of a hidden jem I can't seem to find. Thanks for the input

There used to be one south of Brainerd that went out to 400, but he closed up 6-8 years ago. If you find one between St. Cloud and Brainerd, please let me know.

I used to run the range complex at Camp Ripley and my buddy does now. I can tell you that Ripley does not have public shooting. Gopher, in Stacy, MN goes out to at least 1000, but it is private, so you will need to go with a member or get a membership.

If you have permission to hunt any farm country...ask permission to setup your own targets. It's allot cheaper.

Back