Caribou Gear Tarp

Submit LTE on Shoulder Season Article

RobG

Here's a chance to comment and educate in a more visible way than to the department.

The MFWP Publication "Montana Outdoors" published an article on the Shoulder Seasons. http://fwp.mt.gov/mtoutdoors/HTML/articles/2015/ShoulderSeason.htm

Look closely and there are some good points. The author put a positive spin on it to say the least, but that's what he gets paid to do. It is our job to clarify some of the points that were not made obvious and give our slant. Maybe even acknowledge the hunter's role in bringing us to this point and hope for some middle ground.

The issue with the replies to this article is March/April so if you submit soon you'll have a chance of getting published. You are going to have to be short and to the point. Pick a detail and write 2-6 sentences about it and send it to Tom Dickson at [email protected] (be aware he is the author of the article so don't start out attacking the messenger).

Here's what I wrote.
[FONT=&quot]The shoulder season circumvents the law requiring landowners to allow access to their land if they want game damage hunts. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hunters want to help the ranchers, but t[/FONT]he hunt roster was eliminated so now they don't have the same fair opportunity to gain access to many properties. A few Legislators forced this on us in exchange for FWP funding and we will lose more opportunity until we pay attention to who we elect.[/FONT]

Well said. I submitted my comments. I encourage others to do so as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back