Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Stone Glacier day pack?

Scott85

I'm looking to get another pack to go with my Sky Talus and I'm having a hard time deciding between the Serac 1700 and the Avail 2200. I like the fact that the avail comes as a stand alone pack and can be attached to the xcurve but the price point of the Serac is tempting. Which one you pick and why?

2200. Because it is own stand along pack. I thought the same thing you did as far as getting a smaller bag for day hunts. However its not as convenient as I thought. They're not bad to switch over or anything, it's just that the larger packs compress down so well I don't see the point in using the smaller bag. The avail is an awesome pack for day stuff or just to use as a carry on or ski pack.

I'll sell you my approach bag if your interested. It's pretty much brand new I never use it.

2200. Because it is own stand along pack. I thought the same thing you did as far as getting a smaller bag for day hunts. However its not as convenient as I thought. They're not bad to switch over or anything, it's just that the larger packs compress down so well I don't see the point in using the smaller bag. The avail is an awesome pack for day stuff or just to use as a carry on or ski pack.
Thanks, I guess I’ll keep my bigger pack for now and take it on a couple of day hunts just to see then upgrade.

I use my 5900 for all my day trips it compresses nice. (Deer, antelope, bears and lions) And if for some reason I need the room I got it. An avail 2200 would be awesome to have for trips, maybe a quick pack trip with family or for travel. Even small hunting and fishing days.

Back