Caribou Gear Tarp

Steelhead anyone?

Fished the SF this weekend. People camped all over the shoulder of the roads in places that they could easily be killed in their tents by a drunk driver or if the roads got icy like they did on Saturday night. Steelhead fever has hit a new low over there, mostly fueled by a bunch of MT idiots that don't have a clue how to fish, but clog up all the holes for the skilled anglers. It was mid march crowds on a weekend that's usually pretty free and clear. Considering the water conditions, I would have expected about a quarter of the anglers that were there this weekend.

That is why I don't fish the snag (south) fork. Too many people that don't know how to fish they think flossing steelhead with a fly rod is fly fishing. LIL

It is crowded for sure i only fish during the week after feb 1.I still like the south fork it has its ups and downs. Rat did you catch any fish?

Reports from everyone was super slow. People were real proud to land 1 or 2 for the weekend. My buddy and I were 15 for 19. The key in this cold water is to find some fish, then stay on them and grind it out. Mix up the presentation some.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back