Caribou Gear Tarp

Spring turkey....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Who's going and what are your goals ?!?! I would shoot any legal bird.. BEcasue uhhhhhh I don't know any better... Do some of ya wait for a ground dangler ?!!?!?

Only 4 months to wait for me :D :D :D

Never been for turkey Moosie and they do not have any around here. With my spring schedule I can not foresee me getting out for turkey anytime soon. Like you, I would probably shoot the first legal bird I saw.

Of course I LOVE hunting the Wild Turkey. It is my favorite. :D My goals are to hunt 3 states this spring at least. Ohio,Pa and Kentucky. (maybe Tennessee if plans come through)
Yes I want to take some big longbeards that have long spurs. But I am not opposed to taking a jake.

I haven't been here for a while. Things have changed some.
I have plans to hunt SC, Ohio and my state of West Virginia. If I can convince the wife to go see her Mother during the Va. season I may even get in a few days over there with a friend.

Last year was the first I've hunted Gobblers. Utah has a draw system for turkeys, so I'll cross my fingers. If I dont draw I might head to CO and hunt there. Otherwise I'll hunt the local canyons with my camera.

Todd

BLACKY... WELCOME back
ALOT of things have changed.. most for the better ;)

I plan on hunting in Florida,Tennessee,and Ohio.Longbeards for me.Goodluck everyone Bill

Todd............if you do come to Colorado to hunt turkeys, you will have had to have drawn a tag early......no over the counter birds here.

I hope to perferate one or two in Texas, and may head to Louisiana for a couple of Limbhangers......
DS

I will be hunting Ohio. I don't take my gun out with me when I take the boys out after they get there turkey then I will go for my turkey.

And as for the boys they will be hunting ohio. But the 11 year old has been invited to hunt in KY. so he will get to go there this spring.

Just got my tags Saturday, I drew first season so there won't be a lot of preperation time between the ram hunt in Texas and the Turkey hunt. I think it is five days after I get back.
Guess I will have to do most of my scouting early this year.

Damn, now I am gonna have to get in the woods sooner.:D :D

Just for general info and for Delw and Dan.

The Texas Spring Turkey Season depending on where you hunt is Apr 6 - May 12, 2002 for a majority of the state.

If you have a specific county in mind email me at [email protected] and I will be glad to send you any dates you need.

For those interested we have a Non-resident Spring Turkey license available after 1 Feb 2002 that is good only for Turkey, limit of 4, Gobblers only, and the cost is $100.00. No other license is required.

Ken

pecos, thanks...
as the time gets closer to the texas hunt I will be getting in contact with ya....

Delw

I'll be happy with any respectable gobbler on the Texas bowhunt, since I've never taken a Rio Grande or killed one with a bow. I don't kill Jakes though. In New Mexico, I will always keep trying to call in a Tom with a longer beard than the previous one.

Going to Texas the beginning of April,
then to Wyoming, followed by South Dakota then back to Colorado. NO JAKES!!! My biggest beard last year (and all time) was a 12 1/8 incher taken in Colorado. My wife always says you gotta love being humiliated by something with the brain the size of a walnut. Maybe she was talking about me.

It looks like this will be my first yr hunting wild Turkeys.My dad wants to go this year and I will join him.I have a box call but only used it a couple times.Is there a better call to use for the first time Turkey hunter?Our season opens in Washington April 15 and runs thru May 15,we can take 3 species here.
If ya guys got any pointers Im game for any. :D

Kraven,

We have talked about Washington before....

I grew up in Lynnwood and had friends in Snohomish. I used to hang out there all the time. Does the old jacknife bridge still exist? There was a long bridge that went across the low pasture and wetlands west of Snohomish that was called the trestle bridge. I think it went into Everett. Is it still there? I used to hunt ducks and deer on the flats below that bridge. Jump shooting ducks along that creek was great!
Did you ever know a guy that had a 4 wheel drive shop down by the river by the name of Carl Neighbur? I went to high school with him.

Thanks!
Bill

Hey Westman,yes I remember talking to you about this area very well.The Trestle is still here,there are 2 of them eastbound and westbound,it used to be only one lane each way on the darn thing.The Jackknife bridge has been replaced maybe 5-6 years ago.Do you remember the Bicycle tree?If you do it was just cut down finally.It started crumbling down really bad so they took it out :( .The article in the paper said it was at least 700 years old.Where abouts was the 4 wheel drive store at,was it in Snohomish by the river?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-20-2002 19:46: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back