Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Spring Bear vs Fall Bear: Do you notice difference in meat flavor?

matechakeric

the diet largely affects meat taste. Bears feasting on berries taste a lot better (to me at least) than bears chewing on salmon, shellfish, or meat. but I've only ever eaten fall bears. I'm curious if anyone has eaten spring bears and fall bears and can tell if there is much of a taste difference

Last edited:
I enjoy the breakfast sausage links off of both of them. Hoping my family can put a couple in the freezer in the next 4 months. Can't wait for bear soring season. Curious about our lack of snow and the effects that will have though.

I dont do sausage or anything like that, no mixing with pork or beef, i eat pure bear. Ive only killed 2 spring bears, the rest have all been fall bears, and really its all the same to me. Maybe i dont have a sophisticated pallet. But bear is bear. That being said, im hunting bears far from the coast, in the mountains where fish eaters / garbage eaters are not a thing.

I dont do sausage or anything like that, no mixing with pork or beef, i eat pure bear. Ive only killed 2 spring bears, the rest have all been fall bears, and really its all the same to me. Maybe i dont have a sophisticated pallet. But bear is bear. That being said, im hunting bears far from the coast, in the mountains where fish eaters / garbage eaters are not a thing.
my man. thats the right move

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back