spring bear in Idaho

rufous

I am new to this forum. I posted this question at the 24 Hr Campfire forum and Big Sky suggested I post it here also. He said that quite a few of you guys hunt bear in Idaho and might be able to steer me in the right direction. I am interested in doing a spring bear hunt in Idaho. Most likely I will try to camp out and do it on my own with my brother rather than do a fully guided hunt. We are both accomplished bear hunters and do not really need a guide, though a drop camp in a good area is a consideration. I would like to find an area that has a high population of bears and that has relatively open cover on the south facing slopes so we can spot the bears out feeding and then stalk in on them. My understanding is that many areas of Idaho are too thickly vegetated for such hunting, though they would be good for bait or hound hunting. Any recommendations on areas to hunt or outfitters that would do a drop camp for spring bear in Idaho? Thanks, Rufous.

Welcome to Hunt Talk rufous. Glad to have you on board. Hang around and I am sure some of the Idaho crew will be around to help you.

If you would like to do a fly in wilderness hunt with myself and a couple of other guys your more than welcomed to go. Including everything we spend around 500-700 apiece for the trip driving from Indiana to Idaho then flying into the wilderness.

if you would like more info give me a call at 317-319-8532 or email me.

we are going the first full week of may this year

Later
Jason

Well Rufous, since you only live a couple hours away you should drive over and check it out. YOu hunt the Blues dont ya? Just across the ID border is about the same. Any of the country south of Lewiston along the snake and the Salmon will offer just was you are talking about, with good numbers of bears, especially if you pack in a few miles or more from a road.

Are you Brian Carlson?

Geez I thought u were an ocker from wolla wolla Western Australia.
They have a wolla wolla in Washington???? :confused:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back