Caribou Gear Tarp

Spotter for eyeglass wearers

mconway951

have a Leupold Saquoia spotter and it is fine without my glasses but looking to upgrade to a better spotter this year but want one with long eye relief so I dont have to take my glasses off to look through it. I see nikon makes a long eye relief eye piece for there prostaff scope I dont mind spending the money on a good scope like a swaro does anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks guys

I have the nikon pro staff and even the long relief eye piece still requires me to take my normal glasses off to look thru, stick w the zoom eyepiece and although it sucks,gotta take glasses off and refocus

I have the same problem with the prostaff that I use. Have to take the glasses off. Especially at the higher zoom

Lone ER EP's are not common in a zoom model without spending a lot of money. Some of the long ER models out there are not much longer than the competitors regular models. Best thing you can do is keep crunching through specs and find the longest ER in your price range.
Like others say, if at all possible take your glasses off. I have sat on my glasses more than once because of that... I hope to get Lasik done later this month on my dominant eye.

So much for that lasik comment..... just told I was not a candidate:(

Kowa makes a long eye relief eyepiece - fixed 25 power. I have one and am very satisfied, except that mine does not have a rubber rim so there is a scratch hazard.

I have an 4 year old Vortex Skyline 20-60x80. I don't have glasses, but my dad does and he uses it all the time and really likes it. it has a screw out eyepeice that he just turns in, and he is all set.

The glass is really good for the money, but the scope is a little heavy. I originally had it on a vortex highcountry tripod (w/ball head), but ended up getting a Vangard panhead tripod for it to help control the heavier spotter. I am thinking of getting a more compact scope for packing into some of the nastier places I might go.

Back