Special Place in Hell

COEngineer

I hiked with my family into a very remote high alpine lake (7 map miles, but more like 11 miles of hiking because there is no trail for half of it) this past weekend. It was pristine and beautiful and had almost no traces of humans...almost. We found someone's pile of trash (someone might very generously have called it a cache about 10 years ago) just below the lake - pots, pans, fishing rod and reel, propane bottle, propane heater, tarp, cooking utensils, etc. Whoever put that stuff there deserves a special corner of hell. Since there is no way that I can think of that I will ever 'catch' the people that do this kind of stuff, I can only vent here and share a picture of one of the few remaining almost untrammeled spots in our evermore populated corner of the world.

Also know that my son (21-yr-old) talked the rest of us into packing the whole mess out. There is hope for the next generation and I am proud of him for becoming an even more staunch protector of wild places than his old man.
IMG_8554.JPG

I hiked with my family into a very remote high alpine lake (7 map miles, but more like 11 miles of hiking because there is no trail for half of it) this past weekend. It was pristine and beautiful and had almost no traces of humans...almost. We found someone's pile of trash (someone might very generously have called it a cache about 10 years ago) just below the lake - pots, pans, fishing rod and reel, propane bottle, propane heater, tarp, cooking utensils, etc. Whoever put that stuff there deserves a special corner of hell. Since there is no way that I can think of that I will ever 'catch' the people that do this kind of stuff, I can only vent here and share a picture of one of the few remaining almost untrammeled spots in our evermore populated corner of the world.

Also know that my son (21-yr-old) talked the rest of us into packing the whole mess out. There is hope for the next generation and I am proud of him for becoming an even more staunch protector of wild places than his old man.
View attachment 231400
Very nice photo and thanks for sharing. Always appreciate people that go the extra step to keep these places the way they should be for others to enjoy.

F0F61BEC-0F36-4DFB-BF13-86A898922C97.jpeg
Found this bs while hiking through my old elk camp last season. Not sure if it was from earlier in the season or an archery hunter but I was pissed. I hiked it all out. Whoever this was really ticked me off! That day we also found three #2 locations on top of the ground, TP and all.

View attachment 231405
Found this bs while hiking through my old elk camp last season. Not sure if it was from earlier in the season or an archery hunter but I was pissed. I hiked it all out. Whoever this was really ticked me off! That day we also found three #2 locations on top of the ground, TP and all.
Surface turders have their own dedicated circle in hell. Pretty sure it was a chapter in Dante’s Inferno.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back