Caribou Gear Tarp

Special oryx hunts available for injured servicemen

bobbydean

Got an e-mail today from NMG&F that having a special draw for injured servicemen (active and veterans).

Unique opportunity for those who are eligible.

Check out the NMG&F website for more info.

I sent Cushman a PM. To qualify you need a certain disability percentage. 3 hunts and the odds would be much better than the open draw.

Lot of service people on here, but I do not think many qualify.

Hope Cushman is eligible and draws. I think a few people might want to volunteer to help. It is an awesome and fun hunt. I know Cush loves antelopes and this is a big antelope.

You’d very suprised about howmany that qualify. A 24 YO kid that did 4 yrs in the service with sleep apnea and a sprained ankle during ultimate frisbee will qualify for 60% VA disability. I support NMDGF doing this, but i wish they would make it a little more stringent.

You’d very suprised about howmany that qualify. A 24 YO kid that did 4 yrs in the service with sleep apnea and a sprained ankle during ultimate frisbee will qualify for 60% VA disability. I support NMDGF doing this, but i wish they would make it a little more stringent.

This is probably not a conversation you want to start on an internet forum. Your statement about ulimate frisbee is absurd. I have 13 seperate conditions, none of them caused by a plastic toy, and I barely make the minimum. Many of us have fought hard for what we have.

I think any veteran that qualifies has done his due. Regardless of his injuries, he is a veteran. I am not and chose to go to college instead of enlisting. My draft number was high enough that I had a choice.

Total respect to all that served.

This is probably not a conversation you want to start on an internet forum. Your statement about ulimate frisbee is absurd. I have 13 seperate conditions, none of them caused by a plastic toy, and I barely make the minimum. Many of us have fought hard for what we have.

Im not speakingn out of turn, im AD and i will be at 13 yrs come September. Members get 50% from sleep apnea. I know dozens of yound men that have gotten out after thier first enlistment getting 60-80% VA disability who are perfectly cabable members of society.
I guess my initial statement may have been off; you older fellas prob certainly deserve what you get, but in my annecdotel experience its WAY too easy for a guy to recieve the 50% req’d for this hunt.

Back