South Africa

Delw

ok guys I know some of you have gone in the past.
what are plane flights running approx.,? I am computer stupid and cant figure out how much they cost. I am getting 3-4k round trip per person coach. from lax to johanasburg.

I am very seriously thinking of going this spring/summer with April and the 2 little kids for a week and a half - 2 weeks.

one of my customers lives there and going to set us up for some serious fishing and back country stuff. Kids want to see animals and that BS, I might do little hunting also.

12k for plane tickets I cant believe.

Delw

HI A-con how you been?

Thanks Jose thats more affordable, The Warden and I never been on a vacation since we got married in 82, She wants to go and were going to take the kids if all works out well. Our customers from SF are coming here in Jan. so we will get more info then. its just in the talking stage right now. if things go as they did this year we shouldnt have a problem in going unless we decide austraila, but the kids really want to see all the cool stuff in SF Animals crocs, zebras, giraffes and tiger fish ( they watch discovery channel alot, plus my friends live on a lake way out of johanasburg and have monkeys everywere so thats a plus for the kids lol, and there kids are the same age of our little ones.

Delw

I think there are 3 price ranges... low, shoulder and high. Diffrence between them is usually about $200-250. High season is June, July, August, shoulder is a month or two either side of that.

With Delta now flying the prices seem to have come down a little over past years. $1500 seems about right.

You've got hte World Cup soccer thing going on in South Africa next year, so prices and availability of ariline seats will be affected by all the tourists! Actually better to wait until after that is over, so I'd plan a trip later than I normally would. I used airline miles to get a business class seat, and I don't recall the dollar value of it. The seasons are different there, too.

I thnik we paid 2k for a Airline ticket. I think the flight was fairly direct. It';s A LOooooong flight but I'd do it again in a heartbeat !!

Good hearing from ya Del !!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back