Social distancing boredom: I made a thing (euro pedestal mount)

Sasquatchewan

Like the title said, I got bored today so with a 5 foot fence post, some old barn wood, pieces of scrap wood and some screws, I made a pedestal mount for some euros that were laying around in the basement. The final product (not pictured) currently holds two antelopes, two whitetails and a mule deer (as well as a couple sheds and beaver skull that my daughter wanted to add on the base). I ended up using some 1/2 inch wooden dowels drilled into the post to hold the heads up. I can re-adjust the heads and drill more holes if I want to re-arrange the display. For the base of the fence post, I used copious amounts of spray glue and some sand.

All and all, that mount cost me a whole zero dollars!

RJIe0UX.jpg

Like the title said, I got bored today so with a 5 foot fence post, some old barn wood, pieces of scrap wood and some screws, I made a pedestal mount for some euros that were laying around in the basement. The final product (not pictured) currently holds two antelopes, two whitetails and a mule deer (as well as a couple sheds and beaver skull that my daughter wanted to add on the base). I ended up using some 1/2 inch wooden dowels drilled into the post to hold the heads up. I can re-adjust the heads and drill more holes if I want to re-arrange the display. For the base of the fence post, I used copious amounts of spray glue and some sand.

All and all, that mount cost me a whole zero dollars!

RJIe0UX.jpg
I gotta make me one

Great project! I can see this getting catchy...err, going viral err...you know what I mean

Looks awesome. I took that muley for a big stud whitetail until i read your post and looked again.

Looks awesome, what brackets are you using for the heads?
I was going to make some out of angle brackets and 1/4-20 bolts, but didn't have any on hand. I did a web search and found some on Etsy (Euro Hanger or something like that) for $8 each. I had to grind them down a little - the spinal opening on an antelope skull is just a bit on the small side.

Back