Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Slate Calls

Kraven

Ok all,I am in the market for a slate call.The big Tom that we were working last weekend stopped coming in until I had my brother started using his slate call.He has the Ol Glory one by Primos.What slate calls would you all suggest to me,to be really good.Thanks for the help.

Kraven, ithica just about covered it! but if your looking for a special friction type call i have a freind in kentucky who makes calls they are double glass calls and the unique thing about them is most companies mass producing calls elevate the slate or glass from the bottom of the pot for resinence (sp) with glue in sticks or some kind of material to elevate the slate/glass Pat, makes his calls by routing the bottom of the pot so its all one piece and he also has a unique way of inserting the glass which he would kill me if i told ya ! so i wont but if you want one of the finest calls ive ever used then this is it! he also makes them in a variety of different woods and with different striker combos! not only are they beatiful works of art they are very functoinal and proven! all orders are custom and each call is made specifaclly for the individual with your name on it!

just a thought!

Hey DKO

I also would be very interested in one of your friends calls. Can you get us pricing info and also contact information? I would really appreaciate it.

I personally use a Quaker boy triple threat the most, it has some great sounding qualities, but i am always looking for new turkey toys.

Todd

it depends on the wood used but i beleive there are $30.00 for cedar and $40.00 for hardwoods. which comparetively isnt that expensive considering most plastic production calls are about $25.00! i will contact him and see if i can get a cheaper price per call if i buy quantity. I have a few others that want them as well so ill see what i can do! and how long of a turn around time he would have!

what i would need to know is what kind of wood you would want the pot made of and what kind of wood you wanted for the striker! i use multiple strikers of various woods so ill get a price per striker if anyone wanted multiple strikers

also if you want it custom with your name or soemones name then i would need to know that as well! i will try to post a pic. of one next week! Pat, isnt getting any younger and i dont know if anyone will continue his tradition but i personally havent used a better call! Harold Knight (knight&hale)probably wont admit it but i know for fact he owns and uses these calls religiously!

Yes DKO that sounds good to me I will take one for sure.The problem is I dont know what the wood differences do for the calls.
I can tell difference when my brother changes his strikers with the tone of the call.
Basically I dont know squat about these calls :D ;)
Thanks for getting the info to us.

Kraven, i have the primos Alumislate and the Primos Power Crystal slate, i really like the power crystal slate. They both work great though.

those interested in a hand made slate call please e-mail me! (other than Kraven, i already have your contact info.) The calls are on there way to me and i will send them to all those interested when i get them! thanks!!!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back