Sitka Ascent vs Kuiu Tiburon pants

TheSleepyHunter

I heat up quickly & sweat so much that I really prefer the lightest pant possible. I have a pair of Sitka's Ascent pants and have been blown away by how breathable & tough they are...however I lost 50 lbs and need to get a new pair. Only reason I'm hesitant to get the Ascent again is the price, and Kuiu's Tiburon pant appears to be similar with a much smaller price tag. Has anyone had both?

Only Tiberuron. On my third season with them. Great pants and plenty durable for mountain hiking.

I run the Tiburon pants from March until mid October in Tennessee and Texas. They breath very very well and keep the yonder region less moist. I recommend these and the shorts to everyone. They can be treated with DWR laundry detergent and dry remarkably fast. i just wish KUIU would come out with a Peleton 97 style shirt made with Tiburon material.

I have both and if you’re looking for light , warm weather I’d suggest the Tiburon. I just ordered another pair today.
Thanks, I'm going to give them a try then...pretty excited b/c I was really impressed with the Ascents AND I just saw Kuiu is having a sale on the Tiburon's this weekend. Sounds like a win-win :)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back