Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sights bottomed out, now what?

GlockZ

So this year I decided to spend some money and got the Black Eagle Rampage arrows. For years I've shot the Beman ICS Hunters without issue, now to adjust for the new arrows I've had to bottom out the sight. At 20 yards, I'm good, at 30 yards, I'm good, beyond that it's a hit but low, around 2 inches low. I shoot a Bowtech RPM360, set at 70 pounds, with a Hamskie rest and a IQ 5 pin sight. Never had the opportunity to shoot past 40 in a hunting situation, and I practice out to 60 and I'm consistent out to that distance, just not with the new arrows. Bow was checked and had paper tuned, it's on the money. Do I switch back to the Beman arrows and worry about it next season or look for a different sight?

So this year I decided to spend some money and got the Black Eagle Rampage arrows. For years I've shot the Beman ICS Hunters without issue, now to adjust for the new arrows I've had to bottom out the sight. At 20 yards, I'm good, at 30 yards, I'm good, beyond that it's a hit but low, around 2 inches low. I shoot a Bowtech RPM360, set at 70 pounds, with a Hamskie rest and a IQ 5 pin sight. Never had the opportunity to shoot past 40 in a hunting situation, and I practice out to 60 and I'm consistent out to that distance, just not with the new arrows. Bow was checked and had paper tuned, it's on the money. Do I switch back to the Beman arrows and worry about it next season or look for a different sight?
If you’re running out of adjustment with your entire scope ring then you might be able to adjust the entire housing by removing it and moving it down to the next adjustment holes. Most sights you should be able to do this with.

IQ 5 has 2 sets of mounting holes, so hopefully moving the entire housing down/away from you does the trick like @NYyotekiller mentioned.

Just to verify, you dropped the elevation knob all the way down AND dropped the pins to the bottom of the scope ring?

There should be plenty of room for adjustment. However, if your peep ring is set really low on the string I could see where you'd eventually bottom out. In this case, IMO it would not be worth moving the peep up because that would change your shooting form. In that case, I'd suggest switching back to the ICS arrows for now, then getting a new sight for next season.

Ok thanks everyone. All these years bowhunting, never realized you could reposition the sight with other set of mounting holes. Will be doing that and that should solve my issue. The other issue I noticed was the arrows I purchased were not in the same weight class that I normally shoot. I went from a 350 series weighted arrow to a 300 series. The package the arrows came in was miss labeled and marked as 350, but in actuality there was 6, 300 series weighted arrows. Thanks again.

I believe (but could be wrong) that Beman’s numbers are their own, that is, they don’t really jive with the same weights/numbers of other company’s. You’re probably better off with the 300 spine of the BlackEagle anyway. I’m also biased, as I love my BlackEagles.

Just reposition the housing.
Along these same lines, you could possibly "flip" the bracket that connects to your bow around. On some brands, the point where the sight housing connects to the bracket isn't centered. I had to do that once, just about bought a new sight trying to fix my issue.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back