Sight suggestions

mdunc8

I think I'm gonna suck it up after turkey season and buy a new set of sights for my 15 year old bow. Any suggestions? I don't have the money to spend more than $100 and I'd like at least 4 pins. Thought I would round up a few options before walking into the store.

I use a 3 pin Copper John Dead Nutz and believe it is under a $100. Added an additional pin for $12-15.

HHA single pin, new is $89.

If you want a Black Gold, i have a few lying around I'll give you one, if you pay shipping... They're the older style with the "D" shaped pin guard. I'm not 100% if they would work for a left hand bow, but I presume they would.

I suggest if it's hitting where is should keep the $100 bucks and save up for a new bow.

The bow shoots great. A little slower than what everyone else is probably used to, but it gets the job done. Two problems with the sights -- it's only got three pins and they're not protected very well. I end up constantly re-adjusting them after beating them walking through the woods.

For under $100 used is going to be you best bet. Not a bunch of quality options for that cheap, but lot's of gear freaks upgrade annualy so I am sure there is ton of used ones out there. I have two or three lying arround, but they aren't in the greatest shape as I am pretty hard on them. I just picked up a demo Sure Loc Lethal Weapon Max at the local archery shop for $150. The shop owner had it on his personal bow last season and I picked it up for about half of what they cost new... so there are deals out there. Just ask arround. Check out ebay, Bowsite or Archery Talk.

Elkwhisper

I would take Bambistew up on his very generous offer and keep the $100 bucks for saving for a new bow. You would be shocked at what bows are now, compared to 15 years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back