Sierra 165 tipped game king

I stopped using Sierra bullet's for big game years ago. I found them super accurate but they also did much more damage than I cared for. Not a clue about the Sierra Pro hunter. Use a few different bullets for varmints and Serria is one of them. I have taken Sierras out of the box and weighted them and have always found the weights to be right on to what Sierra says. If I were a match shooter, Sierra is about all I would shoot. Tried the 100gr SMK in my 25-06 one time, best group at 100 yds I have ever shot. Put the rifle away and have never shot it again, don't want to spoil the illusion! Have a 243 that loves the 70gr SMK! What a surprise huh? Years ago shot a 222 Rem that also loved SMK bullet's.
The Sierra 117 grain GameKing bullets have been my favorite bullets in my .257 Ackley for deer, antelope, and mountain sheep ever since I built it back in the late '70s.

There was almost no meat loss on the bull elk that I shot with it. The 117 grain Sierra hit a rib just behind his front leg, shredded his lungs, and didn't cut through his rib cage on the far side. He simply dropped dead in his tracks.

Here's the Dall ram that I shot in 1999 with that gun and bullet. It was a 206 yard uphill shot again just behind his front leg, and the exit hole is the small dot under his left horn in this picture. He also just fell dead where he was standing. Very little meat loss.
6Wkui3Xl.jpg

The Sierra 117 grain GameKing bullets have been my favorite bullets in my .257 Ackley for deer, antelope, and mountain sheep ever since I built it back in the late '70s.

There was almost no meat loss on the bull elk that I shot with it. The 117 grain Sierra hit a rib just behind his front leg, shredded his lungs, and didn't cut through his rib cage on the far side. He simply dropped dead in his tracks.

Here's the Dall ram that I shot in 1999 with that gun and bullet. It was a 206 yard uphill shot again just behind his front leg, and the exit hole is the small dot under his left horn in this picture. He also just fell dead where he was standing. Very little meat loss.
6Wkui3Xl.jpg
If you weren’t so sure the bullet did that, I’d reason it was due to that righteous mustache.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
applesauce4000
Back