Caribou Gear Tarp

shooting AK bears for no reason?

In a book called "Wild Men, Wild Alaska," Rocky McEleven talked about how there has been a very large increase in the number of bears and a decline in the moose population. Its a good read.

Very unfortunate! Funny if it's so over run with bears why are only aloud to take 1 bear from that unit! heading out next weekend to scout for a bear bait next spring in unit 16 where there is a very liberalized bear bag limit. If we lay waste to a few I will be looking for people to buy the hides and skulls and claws. Don't worry it's legal for that unit!!

Reminds me of a couple of goofy neighbors of mine who want me to shoot every blacktail deer I see. In our county, more deer are killed by cars than by hunters -LOTS of deer live in the suburbs where the living's easy. One neighbor is such a lousy driver that she has killed THREE deer with her minivan. The other neighbor hates the deer because they eat his roses and everything else he plants. Both of them have approached me demanding that I kill them all because they know I hunt. It's pretty obvious to me that both of them really don't know what a deer actually is. When they're not being hunted, all they do is run out in front of cars and eat planted landscapes.
Same with these bears.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back