SFW (Sportsmans for Fish and Wildlife)

Moosie

Grand poopa
Roumor has it the HEad of the Idaho SFW accuired my Cell number today and Is dropping me a Line tonight or tomorrow...

Any messages from anyone ?!?!!? :D

Whats the Take on Nate Helm ? I've heard some Hoopla though the Grape vine About SFW. I joined DHI (as a group) to SFW last year to see what they had in mind. I still don't know yet. I know I burned a Few Bridges by Questioning them (SFW) though..... That makes me wonder.

MOOSIE!!!! tell them the plan to take 25% of the nonres tags from UT and make us compete for them at a mostly resident convention SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
It will take the number of tags in UT to double before we get back to where we would be today. As a guy who likes to hunt in other states make sure you dont support this or it will spread to other states just as SFW does.
Do it for your buddy schmalts!

DUDE.. if you're still up, Drop me a Line real wuick.. I'm up for Awhile (208)571-1355 ..........

The bit of what I have read from them makes it sound like they KNOW there is a problem in Idaho with Fish and Game. And they now how to fix the imaginary problem.

The fish and game does a damn good job, for what they are allowed to accomplish. When you have a Governor that does not put hunters on the commission, because he wants ranchers on it, and you have legislators who don't want to allow for license fee increases, you can't blame that on Fish and Game.

Maybe they think they can "fix" the legislature by lobbying, but if that was so, then why don't they lobby the Legislature to repair the school buildings that have been condemmed as unsafe. Or provide adequate funding for education. You can tell our schools are poor by the amount of votes Dubya got in the last election from Idaho....

Mooseman, Take a good hard look at the data and plan SFW has for UT and decide if that is what you want happening in any of the states you apply to hunt in. You will loose 1 in 4 tags on the UT deal, and when there is a increase in tag numbers you will only get 1 in 10 back.
UT is going to have NR tag numbers down to 7% next year if this happens. It was approved already and it will only change if we let then know it sucks!!

Moosie SFW in Utah has done some good things here, However they have fallen into the $$$$$ mindset. Once they infiltrate a state they infest the political system to get their people appointed and in turn they pretty much run the state and the wildlife laws in that state. If this suits the way you like to hunt ( RICH and WITH A RIFLE ONLY ) this is the organization for you. On the other hand if you bowhunt look for some serious reduction in opportunity, for the last two years I can't remember SFW supporting any proposals made to the Utah RAC's by archers infact they have opposed all proposals made by archers.

Now they are pulling 188 PUBLIC tags for this hair brained convention that has residents and non residents alike pissed off. If you want to cut to the bottom line ask them to go into detail about their income to money on the ground ratio's

Got a Call from Nate Helm today.. We have a Meeting withthe Comissioner on Monday on this Mule deer initiative. I told him I'd like to talk to him before the Meeting about some things I'm hearing in the Roumor mil... He says alot of that's going around. I'll let you know Monday What I hear and what I think.

Rumor mill? about the UT deal?? or i mean UT royal nonres screwing?

If ya get a chance, tell Mr. Helm I'm not to happy about the non-resident tag deal also.
If non-residents can only draw 10% of the tags, then they should only contribute 10% to the SFW.

A little update I guess. I met Nate and some different this and that was discussed. He didn't strike me how I expected really, although you can tell he deals in Politics alot :D

He didn't have much to add about the Utah deal. He was familiar a little about it but said I should call Don Peay in Utah.

Not sure what was accomplished really but got to meet a few people and talk hunting. I've been talking to the Directors of DHI and they don't like what they hear about the new Proposal in Utah. We're goin to get ahold of Don and talk more.

Schmalts must have his Radar out... only took 4 mins to reply :p

When the conversation come up (After the DHI banquet) I'll let ya know.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back