Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Selling our house w/23 acres outside Helena, MT

MT Bound

We've recently listed our house for sale outside Helena, MT. Built in 2018, ~ 1,830 sf single level w/2 car garage.

An outdoorsman's paradise with thousands of acres of National Forest/public land hunting and fishing almost within a stone's throw.

it's been a great home to us, PM me if there is real interest.

here's a few pics from the posting

Attachments

• deck view.PNG
    deck view.PNG
    536.5 KB · Views: 227
  • south view.PNG
    south view.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 228
  • north view.PNG
    north view.PNG
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 225
and just to wet the appetite a little, most of our animals have been shot in the nearby national forest, and almost all of them are within 1.5 drive from the house. These are a few examples....IMG_6178.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4090.jpeg
    IMG_4090.jpeg
    648.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6832.jpeg
    IMG_6832.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6991.jpeg
    IMG_6991.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 103
Beautiful looking place. Might be worth posting the link to the listing... I went and found it just because I wanted to see the interior. Beautiful place!!!

Holy smokes, beautiful. Why you leaving??
It's been tough being away from our adult children, none of them followed us out here and we miss them terribly. The biggest bull elk in MT doesn't mean a thing to me if I can't share the hunt or a hike with my son....

"Are you no longer MT Bound" Haha, maybe not, but I will probably just keep the handle for old time sakes 😁

Totally get it @MT Bound !! Good on you putting family first. I'm a CA native... been here my whole life. Every other week we talk about getting out of here. It ultimately ends with us deciding to stay with our family. Both my wife and I live within a mile of our parents, brothers and sisters. Kinda hard to leave that... especially when I need some milk or eggs and just walk across the street to get it. Best of luck with the sale. I'm sure you'll have lots of interest

Totally get it @MT Bound !! Good on you putting family first. I'm a CA native... been here my whole life. Every other week we talk about getting out of here. It ultimately ends with us deciding to stay with our family. Both my wife and I live within a mile of our parents, brothers and sisters. Kinda hard to leave that... especially when I need some milk or eggs and just walk across the street to get it. Best of luck with the sale. I'm sure you'll have lots of interest

yeah, with both my parents and my wifes parents in colorado, we wont' be leaving for a long time, if ever. especially now that we're having kids. blessing and a curse.

i would literally drop everything ghost my job here without notice and move to laramie tomorrow if i could. but it ain't happening.

If the sale comes with exact waypoints of each of those animals on the photo and where they were taken it might spicy things up a bit for the buyers….

Had to look. Really nice place you have! All of that and your taxes are less than my little craphole! I've got my Powerball ticket for tonight but neither one of us should hold our breath. What is the small building uphill from the house?

If the sale comes with exact waypoints of each of those animals on the photo and where they were taken it might spicy things up a bit for the buyers….
Well now if the buyer is a hunter from here on hunt-talk, I would certainly share some waypoints to good hunting spots, share the wealth & help out a fellow hunter!

If only a local could still afford such a dream 😔
It’s happening/ happened all over the west, hit my home town pretty hard, luckily my wife and I have good careers, so we have been able to stay, sadly a lot of my friends that didn’t figure their career path out right away or have a bunch of money from mom and dad will likely never be able to afford their home town

What’s it listed for? I feel I have some useful resources. Unfortunately, I’m worried I’ll never be able to afford to bring such a slice of heaven to my family. At least here, where I plan to be buried.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back