Selling guns

Beartooth83

I have a couple guns I'd like to sell. I've seen several of you guys selling firearms using this forum. What are the requirements when selling a gun in this fashion? Do they need to be shipped to an FFL dealer? Do I need to be an FFL dealer? Etc....

Any info would be appreciated.

By the way, here's the info on the guns I'll be selling. I'll make a new post with pics in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to contact me.

Used: Ruger M77 MK II 300 WSM w/ Timney Trigger and Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 scope
22" blued barrel, walnut stock. In really nice condition. $600

New: Winchester Model 70 Black Shadow 30-06 w/ Nikon Monarch 3.5-10x42 scope w/ BDC reticle. 24" blued barrel, hinged floorplate, composite stock. Both the rifle and scope are new, and unfired. $700

They do need to be shipped to an ffl dealer but you dont have to be one unless the persons ffl that your selling to requires you to be one. Those are good prices for those rifles if i had the money id buy them both.

You can do face-to-face and not have to go through an FFL but I do suggest writing up a receipt that both parties sign.

Technically if you sell longarms within MT statelines then you don't have to ship to an FFL but USPS, UPS, and FedEx may refuse service. I would talk to the post master or local UPS office.

You can do a face to face sale within your home state without doing paperwork. Thats up to you. You can also make the buyer sign a bill of sale to cover yourself as well.
if you are shipping, they must go to an ffl. As wyatt said, some ffls will only accept the firearm if they are shipped from another ffl. Most sellers charge an additional fee if the buyers ffl requires this to cover that cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back