Seeking fellow western hunting partner

Pr0digy1014

I’m in my 20s and find all my friends starting families and staying busy at work, although I’m glad for them I found that hunting season becomes much lower on the priority list when one goes through those changes. I find myself going solo much more often and I’m just not nearly as effective or enjoying myself as much as I used to.

I’m a NV resident and hunt a lot here and in Idaho for all big game and I’m coming into my own as a backpack hunter, and am looking for a partner who’s willing to take hunting as similar as I do and can endure the backcountry. The challenge isn’t over though, finding backcountry people can be tough, the combination of finding someone you get along with and hunt well together Is a rare thing. So folks if you wanted to chat about NV or ID hunting shoot me a reply!

Welcome. I haven't ventured into true backpack hunting yet. What is your setup like?

What are you carrying with you on your back? How many days and how much distance are you typically covering?

Well I’m constantly tweaking my system but in a nutshell I roll with hammock and tarp, standard lightweight exo pack and pretty light run&gun setup one set of clothes kind of minimalism. I can realistically pack for 4-7 days depending on the season without losing my mind.
By myself I covered 50 miles in 5 days on a backpacking trip starting with 45 pounds and change but in a hunting scenario I’d think 8 miles of hunting a day off trail might be pushing it. I’m not a fitness nut but I can get behind training if there’s not a gym involved

Wow, that's some stout mileage. Especially if it's vert at altitude. Cool.

Seeking new partner to go to Alaska for a drop moose caribou combo to
Boot
I am also looking for a hunting partner. I am a idaho resident and hunt mostly here. I am a disabled vet but can still move ok. I have ultra light gear as well as gear for a base camp to come back to from spike camp. If you are down to hunt Idaho let me know. I archery elk (newer to it) wolf hunt, deer and want to get into bear hunting. With the disabled vet ability I can hunt in some other states with discounted tags but Will mostly hunt Idaho.

What part of NV you from? PM me maybe we can meet up talk and if we get along give it a shot getting out there

Welcome! I am in Wyoming and do exclusively resident hunting in state with the exception of wild pigs and possibly invasive snake species in the southern states where I have family to host me while I am there.

I’m in my 20s and find all my friends starting families and staying busy at work, although I’m glad for them I found that hunting season becomes much lower on the priority list when one goes through those changes. I find myself going solo much more often and I’m just not nearly as effective or enjoying myself as much as I used to.

I’m a NV resident and hunt a lot here and in Idaho for all big game and I’m coming into my own as a backpack hunter, and am looking for a partner who’s willing to take hunting as similar as I do and can endure the backcountry. The challenge isn’t over though, finding backcountry people can be tough, the combination of finding someone you get along with and hunt well together Is a rare thing. So folks if you wanted to chat about NV or ID hunting shoot me a reply!
i wanna do backcountry bad , what do u mostly like to hunt?

I am a CO resident though I spent 7 yrs in Idaho Falls a lot of years ago. Didn't hunt then so missed out on some epic country for sure. I solo backpack hunt elk/deer, typically pack in 4-5 miles (and 3000 - 4000 ft elevation), and hunt 5-7 days before coming out depending on success. Haven't looked at ID as a destination yet, mostly just CO and WY but also building points in MT. I grew up in WY so know the northwest corner of the state pretty well. Open to an ID hunt; just don't know where to start.

I live in NV as well. Always willing to find fellow hunters. I am in Vegas myself. 12 days until we see what I have for tags :p

Any chance you ever backpack unit 39 in Idaho , I’m taking my friend who is a disabled vet and it will
Be his first mule deer hunt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back