SD deer apps due July 24, 1st drawing.

Very interesting if you look at the apps versus the tags allowed over the last few years. Used to be an any buck tag (whitie or mulie). They had anywhere from 1200-1500 applicants for the 440 tags. Then a couple years ago they went to 400 any whitie tags and 40 mulie tags. The # of apps stayed pretty much the same but over half the applicants apply for one of the 40 mulie tags and because of the way the SD lottery is drawn have absolutely 0 chance of drawing a whitie tag as a second choice. In addition since in SD 2 or more preference points is of no benefit over 1 preference point, the odds for those guys applying for the mulie tag are not actually going up over time. Meanwhile those of use chasing whities have less competition for tags :D

SD Deer

T-Bone,

Me and the family are headed out there again this fall for some deer chasin'. My wife and kids had a blast 2 yrs ago. Just got back from a 2wk tip out there. Saw a lot of deer and potentially some real good ones. Deer numbers are up in our area, but acording to GFP, pronghorn are down 65% up there! yikes! We were planning on chasing pronghorn. Maybe next year. What are your plans? Did you put in for any ID tags?

Headed out of town for the week, but just got my West River application in and purchased a BH point. Good luck all.

Yikes. I drew Harding county and Black Hills. So did my son. We'll be picking up some leftover WR tags to hunt a local spot after school that we have access to. That's 14 rifle tags total!

I'm going to have to be real picky this year, because I'm certain my son will be itching to wreck a few.

Congrats to you guys that drew. My results still arent posted. I checked for a couple SD residents and their results arent posted yet either. I hope that doesnt mean I didnt draw :(
Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow

zilch for me and my wife, but my 2 boys drew any deer tags. seen some real good ones this year, so should be a lot of fun. Congrats on the draws tbone

Danggit! I can't believe I didnt draw with 1 point!!! Uggg first time in 10 years that I have to sit out 2 years in a row :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back