Scoping out new scopes...

Bushnell is not the junk it was 20 years ago. The LRHS and LRTS were designed in partnership with GAP and occasional poster (and full time killer) Pat. They are reliable, heavy, and fully featured.

I know it feels weird to imagine Bushnell as anything but cheap crap, but these are not the same animal.

It doesn’t mean they’re better than Leupold model “X”, but they were specifically built for constant turret spinning on mid-weight long range rifles.

I'll be honest, I can't afford to buy and try every scope. I barely get to get out and shoot enough. On top of that, I don't have much in the way of options of shooting more than 100 yards. Thank you internet.

I googled it and it came up on a few forums and Formidilosus said the LRHS was pretty good scope on rokslide. If he said it is, it probably is.

That being said, I bought a scope and rifle last year as I've been hunting with iron sights for several years. I was dead set on buying a VX5HD. After researching on some forums and reading post from people who were specific in why or why not, I ended up with a Tikka 6.5CM and a SWFA 6X scope. That was due in large part to reading Formidilosus posts on this site, 24hourcampfire, and Rokslide. I never met the guy, but I gleaned enough to understand his position that he doesn't care what it is, it needs to work and work through abuse and use and he gets to thoroughly test it beyond anything I'll ever get to do. His advice was pretty good to me:

20190829_122329.jpg20190829_122339.jpg

The Bushnell listed above is an exceptional scope, especially for the price Camera Land is selling them for.
First focal, 10 mil knobs, zero stop, very good reticle, excellent tracking. Honestly none of the scopes listed above are even in the same class. You would have to go to the MK5/ MK8 Leupold, Vortex Razor/ AMG , Nightforce NXS lines to get a comparable scope. All will cost you at least 2-3 times more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back