Salomon Quest 4D GTX

MinnesotaHunter

I received these boots a couple of years ago, but I had forgotten about them and they had been sitting in one of my Army foot lockers since. I found them this winter and thought they would make a good lightweight warm weather boot. I have about 20 miles on them now under a pack and I can say they are a really great pair of boots. They lock your heal into the pocket really well so there is no slipping on the uphill, and for a nylon and leather boot they are pretty stable side hilling. If someone is looking for a good lightweight hiker, these would make a great choice for early archery seasons. I know I will be wearing them come september.

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/quest-4d-gtx.html

I agree these have been comfortable for me right out of the box.....only thing is they are coming apart after 6 months of chukar hunting and quail in Az.....

Flynarrow

Good to know. Most of the reviews I had gotten on these boots were from military rather than hunting sources, and they were all really positive. That being said, they are hard on gear, and don't expect something like boots to last years, so they might not be the best resource for gear when you have to pay out of pocket to replace them. I went through 5 pairs of hiking boots over 12 months in AFG, as long as they kept my feet in good shape I didn't care.

I guess I will have to see how they hold up over a summer and fall of hiking and hunting. I will post an update after I have about 150-200 miles on them and see where we are at.

I've been thinking of picking up a pair of these actually. Do they size well? I will be purchasing off he internet and wondering if I need to order a size up or down.

i've got the same boots...very comfortable, light, and awesome for hiking. the sole won't hold up on the scree fields, but they are great for most normal hunting...

Re sizing....I normally wear a 10 1/2 or 11 and I bought an 11 1/2 which fit perfectly. I bought these because I need a wide toe box but not wide foot which these fit the bill. The leather is rather soft which makes them comfortable but subject to scrape/cut wear. Also the leather/fabric doodads along the side are subject to thread wear that connects the leather/fabric. If I could find a comfortable all leather boot that is preferable to me, esp for rocky terrain. These boots would be fine without rocky use.

Groc- Flynarrow is about right on with the sizing.

Flynarrow- If you want a good pair of "light hikers" check out Asolo. If I were to buy a pair they are the the way i would go. I had an almost all leather pair with a decent rand in AFG (Khumbos?), they held up better than any of the others I tried. I think they are about $300 a pair though.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back