Caribou Gear

Ruger Zytel 7mm mag

dan valasek

A friend of mine might be selling his and I can probably get it at a good price. Anyone have one ? Thoughts ? Seems most people love them or hate them.

Like you said, people love or hate them. I have a wood stocked m77 in 25-06 that’s been a great gun. I shot one of those boat paddles in 30-06 and it was easily on of the hardest recoiling rifles I’ve shot. Not sure if it was stock design or what

I've got one in .270...limbsaver recoil pad helps a ton with felt recoil. I replaced factory trigger with a Timney. Sub-MOA rifle now.

Like you said it seems people love them or hate them. They're strong and damn near indestructible all-weather rifles with 3-position safety. Not particularly pretty in my opinion.

I always loved the looks of those rifles & always wanted one.
Back when they were made they were out of my price range.
Now they are prized by the people that have one, or want one and are still priced out of my range.

I always loved the looks of those rifles & always wanted one.
Back when they were made they were out of my price range.
Now they are prized by the people that have one, or want one and are still priced out of my range.
I am leaning towards it. He mentioned around 600 including a vortex diamondback scope and 2 boxes of ammo. would never lose money on it.

Have one in 06
Gun didn’t group with that pos Zytel abomination and the 19lb stock trigger
Got a hogue off Amazon and a timney
300+ later it shoots great
If I were to do it over again I would’ve just bought another tikka

Have one in 06
Gun didn’t group with that pos Zytel abomination and the 19lb stock trigger
Got a hogue off Amazon and a timney
300+ later it shoots great
If I were to do it over again I would’ve just bought another tikka
The one good thing with his is I know that it shoots good with factory hornady ammo. It would be an extra one in the safe. I am usually into Weatherby rifles though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back