Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Role playing games. D and D

Harold357

Have any other forum users ever played Dungeons and Dragons? Dungeons and Dragons is a table top game that relies on players creativity and spirit to foster an immersive game experience. The game allows adventurers to become power wizards, fierce warriors, or cunning rouges! One of the advantages that this game offers is little or no materials for participants to play and engage in the campaign with friends. A good set of appropriate dye is the most crucial and necessary gear.

I have personally experienced the enjoyment and thrill of becoming fully immersed in one of these adventures while sitting around a campfire after a long but rewarding day hiking and scouting on public lands with a couple of close companions. Adventure by day, danger by night. Wonderful stuff.

The Big Bang Theory Sheldon GIF by LittleOmig

I havent played DnD since 3e (pre-3.5). Also played during the 2e era. It was fun.

Every DnD group ends up with one of the guys roleplaying as a lesbian elf. Its just tradition. Are you the lesbian elf player in your group?
Groups have become more sophisticated since that time as we understand gender more thoroughly now. there is a wide range of diverse characters that are common these days. I prefer magic based characters with playing as a wizard or sorcerer the most captivating. I do like variety but I like my characters to have a connection to the outdoors. An expert knowledge of plant life or animal antimony to create mysterious or dangerous potions.

Groups have become more sophisticated since that time as we under gender more. there is a wide range of diverse characters that are common these days. I prefer magic based characters with playing as a wizard or sorcerer. I do like variety but I like my characters to have a connection to the outdoors. An expert knowledge of plant life or animal antimony to create mysterious or dangerous potions.

Player types:

Lesbian elf player - self explanatory, guy that plays a female character, usually an elf, looking for in-character love, almost always in the form of another female elf.

Guy that just wants to play as a dragon but no one ever lets him. This is me - dragons are badass.

Min/maxer. This guy is a powergamer - not interested in roleplay aspects - that ends up doing ~90% of the killing making the DMs life difficult when it comes to challenges.

Guy just there to drink beer. This is also me since no one would ever let me play as a badass dragon.

Lore guy. This guy knows all the lore of the setting and isnt afraid to let you know he knows all the lore no matter how blank the stares of the other players.

There are more player types, Ill try to think of them and let you know when I do...

I think you might be surprised how many nerds there are here. old school nerds are used to being made fun of. Today, nerding is far more popular than hunting and shooting sports. Today's youth much prefers dressing up and cosplaying as their favorite characters instead of spending time outdoors. In fact, many have made a living out of it and become quite wealthy. Attractive women in particular have done quite well in this area by dressing up in sexualized outfits that accentuate their breasts or other features. Lesbian elf indeed! Jajaja

My local subreddit is full of people who are super depressed/lonely and looking for things to do and the first suggestion is always D&D. Seems like the best way to make friends who aren't really good at a lot of things
Not just DnD. Whether is wargaming (Warhammer and the like), collectable card gaming (Magic: The Gathering, THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, and all the games it has spawned), boardgaming (Catan and those things), or tabletop RPGs (DnD, etc), there is something for most people at your friendly LGS (local game store). No judgements, just a bunchve nerds looking for friendships*.

Id hang around my local(ish) LGS more often if it werent over an hour away.

*There is always the risk of encountering some of the stereotypical nerd a-holes, tho. The sweaty neckbeards and the like, trying to roleplay their alpha nerd fantasies IRL. Its also - I think - tougher as a lady in these places -- the white knighting of some of the more socially inept has to be frustrating, for instance.

My local subreddit is full of people who are super depressed/lonely and looking for things to do and the first suggestion is always D&D. Seems like the best way to make friends who aren't really good at a lot of things
Met up with @rtraverdavis over Memorial Day weekend for a burriot (Santa Cruz for the win!) and we passed a bunch of LARPers cruising around a street market. We both agreed that 50% of the internal monologue was "NERD!!!" and the other half was "good for you LARPer nerd, you found your people - good for you."

I think you might be surprised how many nerds there are here. old school nerds are used to being made fun of. Today, nerding is far more popular than hunting and shooting sports. Today's youth much prefers dressing up and cosplaying as their favorite characters instead of spending time outdoors. In fact, many have made a living out of it and become quite wealthy. Attractive women in particular have done quite well in this area by dressing up in sexualized outfits that accentuate their breasts or other features. Lesbian elf indeed! Jajaja
There is literally no way a human wrote this

Met up with @rtraverdavis over Memorial Day weekend for a burriot (Santa Cruz for the win!) and we passed a bunch of LARPers cruising around a street market. We both agreed that 50% of the internal monologue was "NERD!!!" and the other half was "good for you LARPer nerd, you found your people - good for you."
I was at the Montana RenFest this past weekend - love a good Ren Faire! - chatting with some of these guys. They were part of some knightly order talking both about the ceremony as well as the combat, where they either don their armor then beat the crap out of each other with wooden weapons or fence with fencing sword + dagger or dual fencing swords. None of these guys were - how shall we say? - particular fit people, but they get out there every weekend (and more) getting their exercise. Their enthusiasm for what they do was contagious.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back