Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Rock Springs, WY "Outlaw" Elk

James Riley

Banned
Does anyone here remember the bull that hung in the bar/saloon at the Outlaw Inn in Rock Springs back in the 80s? Last time I was in there is was gone and the bar tender and employees new nothing about it.

It was a huge bull (skull plate and antlers, not mounted) with a perfect left beam through G-7, and then behind that main beam, at about H-3, there was an anomaly about the size of your arm that stuck out the back and split again. The right beam was the same up to and including that anomaly, very symmetrical, but was broken off above that leaving one to wonder if it continued up for a complete eight (total of 10 with the anomaly) point. All points were long, massive and gracile, with great conformation, including the G-7 and the anomalies.

Back in the day I asked and was told it had been found in a barn in Rawlins. I always wished I'd have taken pictures. It it is hanging anywhere in public I'd like to know. Thanks.

I live in Green River, WY (just 15 miles to the west of Rock Springs). If I see it around I will certainly let you know where it is although I haven't seen it at all. I was born in 1991 and lived in Green River all my life, but I must've been too late to see the "outlaw elk" but I will keep my eyes open!

-Trent

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back