Relocation advice

I live in OR- as a retiree, I’d look at the WA coast. Save yourself retirement income by 11%/year on income taxes, alone.

We looked at that ourselves but between the additional sales tax, gas tax, and property tax it really wasn’t a big enough savings to head north.

I am looking for advice. My wife and I are hoping to retire in the next two years and we are looking for a place on the Oregon coast. Do you have any recommendations on a coastal town or area? We are looking for a town that isn’t too filled with tourists and has good access to public hunting and fishing nearby. We are also not wealthy, so our budget will be modest. Kentucky is our home now, but we both have lived in the Pacific Northwest before—just not the coast. The climate is a real attraction and understand that it changes even just a few miles inland and can vary a great deal from the south to the north. I have been researching Port Orford and Waldport, but would love to read your opinion. Hopefully we can come out in the next year or so to see some areas in person when travel becomes easier. Thanks for the help.
Port Orford is amazing. Hunt over there for bears and Elk, great steelhead fishing as well. Not touristy at all.

Oregon inheritance tax can be big depending on the assets of the estate. 10% on anything over a mil.

This! That’s why a well detailed trust is so important in this state. Also many don’t realize that the $1 mil asset level includes your homes APPRAISED value not what you paid or equity you have amassed. Can add up quickly!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back