Caribou Gear Tarp

Reloading Rem Accutips for .300WSM

Hi All,

Not much of a reloader but fortunate to have a buddy who does some. I finally was able to get some 180g Accutips to reload for my Kimber MT .300WSM. Wondering if anyone has experience loading these. I've had very good luck with the factory Accutip .300WSM ammo I've bought and would like to duplicate Remingtons factory load as closely as possible. I can't find much info out there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't used them myself, but it is my understanding that the Accutips are made by Hornady, and are their SSTs with a different colored tip. I would use Hornady's load data. It's not online, but Nosler's is here:

http://www.nosler.com/300-wsm

I compared Nosler's data to my Hornady 9th edition, and they list quite a few of the same powders. They are a bit different, with the Nosler data being a bit more conservative, so you shouldn't have any problems using that. If you have a few powders in mind that you would like to try, let me know and I will check my manual and PM you Hornady's data if it's listed.

hornady load

Hornady lists 66gr of Win 760 as the max load for 180gr bullets.
I've tried this with ballistic silvertips getting the same velocity as the Winchester factory rounds.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back