Reign 6 - Anyone else have this issue?

My Reign 6 seems to always need a tune. The lower cam leans noticbly and goes out of wack after about 6 months of shooting at home, and 5 days of field use.

I took it to a new shop, and they are saying it is an issue with the split buss design (vs single buss or yoke) and how they connect to the cam outside the limbs (exposing them). While the design choice supposedly made it made it easy to tune, the constant bump on the cams or buss strings (which happens more in the field) will put the cams lean out and shoot off.

I've experienced this moreso in the field than at home. I even got my bow tuned the week before the hunt, shot field points everyday and watched it slowly go out. At home, it happens much slower and I also treat my bow better at home.

Is this a bow issue, bad tuning, or bad care? The tuner is recommending i get a different bow, something I don't want, but I hate worrying about my accuracy/ tune in the field.

Last edited:
Sounds more like a cable/string issue, worse case is a bad limb. I would change out the cables and string and see if that doesn't cure the problem. If not it has to be a limb.

I agree with Redman 100%. Bad limb is a possibility, but most likely you need new strings/cables. Go with a high quality aftermarket set not factory replacements. I highly recommend GAS bowstrings

Another vote for Redman's theory. I replace strings and cables about once a year on my Reign 6. Never have issues with it falling out of tune. I've had good results factory strings/cables.

Thanks! Both make sense to me. After some digging I found out that the limbs on the Reign 6 were known to have cracking/delamination and it should be covered under warranty. I'll take it to a pro shop for strings.

Thanks! Both make sense to me. After some digging I found out that the limbs on the Reign 6 were known to have cracking/delamination and it should be covered under warranty. I'll take it to a pro shop for strings.
Limbs can escape quality control and show no signs of delamination or cracking.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back