Rain pants!

CTELK83

I have first lite rain pants…. They are the first FL item I’m not satisfied with…. They are too snug and loud to slip on and off. What does everyone use for a rain pant? Something to keep in the pack and slip on over your pants when needed. Preferably slip on without taking boots off

I have the First Lites as well. I've had them for probably five years and have used them about 5 times. I'd probably get the SG M5 pants, but there have been very few times I've needed rain pants.

I’ve got a pair of north face ones that work great. Have worn them hunting several times with some good longjohns underneath.

I wear out a pair about every other year, and mostly live in them about half the time on hunts up here. I really like OR pants, of all the ones I've tried. They fit well and have articulated knees so they don't grab as much when you are walking. They have side zip and its easy to put on/take off over boots. ~$150.

No one has mentioned the Catch-and-Release brand and their Tesla rain set (jacket/pants). Has anyone tried them? The lower leg is zippered, for slipping them on over boots.

Sitka Stormfront. Lived in them for 2 weeks on Prince of Wales in 2021. I was bone dry inside.
I wear them when the brush is wet here also . They still look brand new.

Last edited:
I have the Blackovis Hailstone Rain Pants. They have a dual zipper that goes all the way up to your hip. The dual zipper is nice for venting the pants at the hip as well. Blackovis Hailstone pants only come in 2 solid colors (Grey/Brown), which makes them about half the price of some of the Rain Pants mentioned above.

For all of these lightweight rain pants, how dry do they actually keep you? I have older/warmer (columbia) rain pants and feel like if I put them on I end up sweating and getting wet anyway. When you put the lightweight ones on do you just wear them all day until all of the vegetation dries and are able to do that because they are a good light durable pant? Is the main goal of them to keep you from getting soaked to the bone so eventually even if your normal pants are damp they will dry out quicker?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back