Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Rage

vander34

Anyone have experience with Rage broadheads and elk?
I've used em on deer, but wondering if I should go back to the Muzzy's for my elk hunt.

I use the RAGE for deer too... they blow a damn nice hole in 'em.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them on elk - just don't shoot through brush or grass so they open prematurely.

Good Luck !!

I have used them on deer bear and turkeys and in 3 weeks plan on trying to use one on a moose here in MN. I have seen plenty of pics from moose and elk and as I am sure you are aware just make sure of your shot placment and you will be fine. Just dont try blowing through the shoulder with either broadhead.

I don't use expandable heads at all. Have seen to many failures from them. I would use a cut on contact head for any game as large as and Elk. I shot a bison last year with my 43lb bow using Mussy head, Had great shot placement and it ran 40 yards and piled up. I have tracked bears shot by expandables for miles and not had recoveries. I guess I just like what works and has worked for years. Can't argue with sucess.

I have had fantastic success with Rocky Mountain Snyper 2-blades. They are almost identical to the Rage broadheads. They have taken everything from coyotes to elk with no failures or issues of any kind. I will be using them on a CO elk hunt this weekend with no concerns.

I was thinkin along the same lines... shot placement is definately key. I think I'll end up using em.

2 blade vs. 3 blade (Rage)

I was given the Rage 3 blade as a gift. Anyone had any issues with those compared to the 2 blade?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back