Rabbit rifle

At least Marlin and Henry made .32 levers. Marlin was .32H&R. Henry does the 327. I don't know about cycling .32 S&W.

A T/C Contender barrel is probably available on gunbroker or ebay right now. It'll probably be .32H&R or .327. Those will fire S&W but no idea about accuracy. A Contender will satisfy any want for trying something unusual because you can always order a barrel made.

As all this involves handloading, maybe which .32 case you load doesn't matter. No big deal to ream the revolver cylinder to .32H&R neither. People were reaming 16-4s to 327 before word got out and the prices skyrocketed. Probably shouldn't go too far with that.
Now that just might work. I'd guess 32 H&R could be loaded down around 32 Long! I've also got a 32 Short that I shot some cast bullet's into a down log with at about 20 yds. They were something like 85gr bullet's. Bounced off the log and hit me! Only cartridge I ever had that happen with! Took a few shot's to realize what I was actually feeling! Lucky thing I had a t-shirt on. It stopped the bullet's! :)

How funny that this came up. I’m in the market for one. I have a jackrabbit problem. I’m out of city limits by about 5 miles but I’m only separated from a good chunk of neighbors by 5 acres. I need a quiet gun.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back