Pulled the trigger on a Kodiak flexbow 8x9 deluxe

old270hunter

After another season of crawling and kneeling into my current tent set up, and at 53 years old and recognizing that won’t be getting any easier, I said enough is enough. The other post about a Kodiak tent did not hurt either. I‘ve like my current tent set up, but kneeling and crawling into a tent after a day hunting or fishing really sucks. The current tent set up is below. It’s some Coleman 2 man whatever, but has a full rain fly, vestibule, taped and stitched seams, with a couple vents to keep moisture from causing any issues. I cover with a waterproof tarp to keep snow and rain completely off. It completely works for everything and stays completely dry, except my old knee won’t put up with it. The system has worked for several seasons, and I’d highly recommend to younger folks on a budget. I’m just old and cheap, and resistant to change. (Full and serious rain fly is the key, along with a PE tarp fyi) But the Kodiak flexbow 8x9 deluxe sounds a lot better for car camping. So that’s what I got rolling now. I heard about the 10x10 that calls in moose, but could not find it 🤣. I settled for the 8x9 deluxe. Hoping I made a good decision here for an Advil hunter/fisherman!

Attachments

• 2FFEB01B-E729-4F8B-BFAD-D2DBEC58A4D9.jpeg
    2FFEB01B-E729-4F8B-BFAD-D2DBEC58A4D9.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 5690FC6B-CCAF-4E94-8D40-F1AAE7C380ED.jpeg
    5690FC6B-CCAF-4E94-8D40-F1AAE7C380ED.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 05ABFA46-2586-4EE3-9BF7-00A3CA16575F.jpeg
    05ABFA46-2586-4EE3-9BF7-00A3CA16575F.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 26
Bet you love it. Didn't know they made 8x9, should be good for 1-2 cots, table and heater. Advice: Pitch it enough times in your yard that you don't have to think about it when you are in a hurry, it is dark, raining, snowing. Protect the floor with a tarp underneath and throw rugs etc on top. Floor is the most vulnerable part. Get a mallet or other hammer, there are quite a few stakes.

Keep us posted!

Bet you love it. Didn't know they made 8x9, should be good for 1-2 cots, table and heater. Advice: Pitch it enough times in your yard that you don't have to think about it when you are in a hurry, it is dark, raining, snowing. Protect the floor with a tarp underneath and throw rugs etc on top. Floor is the most vulnerable part. Get a mallet or other hammer, there are quite a few stakes.

Keep us posted!
It’s going to be a 1 cot model in my world!

Keep us posted. 56 year old tent guy here. I keep saying, one day. I may begin doing more truck camping next year. It sure would be more luxurious for sure.
I’ve been full on car/truck camp for the last 10 years. But felt the need to move up another grade. Sometimes I want to sleep in now. It’s not often, but it happens.

I received the tent yesterday and set it up. Here is my take. Setup for myself is easy, and literally 15 mins taking it easy. Floor is super high quality. The stitching, poles and canvas appear to be more than adequate. The vents in the top are well protected from rain/snow. The stakes that come with the tent are beefy and entirely adequate, but I prefer my fancy pants and beefier tent stakes, especially for weather facing areas. I set up the cot, small table, and a chair. It’s a luxury 1 man, or doable for taking the wife/girlfriend. I am impressed. It’s a heavy package, but it is pretty compact and about similar in size to my XL cot. It’s definitely worth a look for those not packing in, a solo act, or a couple.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back