Predator Optics!

I got a chance to take the Meopta Optika 6 to the range. Tremendous value for the price point.

Kind of a personal thing. I like my 3-9x scope for this. Shoot get the animal off far enough to need it and I can't see well enough to see them in the first place! let's see, my 243 has a 3-9x on it and all I use it for is plinking and varmints, when I actually go hunt varmints. My 25-06 has a 3-9x but it's been on it about 30yrs! Not a lot of need for that anymore. Don't know why I got it in the first place or for that matter don't even remember when! I need that much power in the scope the deer is probably to far away for me to hit in the first place. if memory serves me right, I've only used it on 9x one time and clean miss. Sage brush limb to close to focus got shot down! Have three 6.5 and each of them has a 2-7x on them and about the only time I take them off 2x is to shoot at my shooting bench! Small aiming points and on 2x the crosswire's generally blot out the aiming point!

Buying a rifle scope from predator optics was a big mistake for me, because now I want to upgrade all the scopes on all the rifles. The confidence boost that I have on my rifle after replacing the factory freebee on my Howa (Nikko Sterling) is unreal. @schmalts made a recommendation for my price range and I undoubtably got the best deal on the best optic for that price range.

It genuinely has me wondering what the potential of all of my rifles could be with appropriate glass. I am absolutely enamored by the process and predator optics will be the first place I look for quality optics.

Buying a rifle scope from predator optics was a big mistake for me, because now I want to upgrade all the scopes on all the rifles. The confidence boost that I have on my rifle after replacing the factory freebee on my Howa (Nikko Sterling) is unreal. @schmalts made a recommendation for my price range and I undoubtably got the best deal on the best optic for that price range.

It genuinely has me wondering what the potential of all of my rifles could be with appropriate glass. I am absolutely enamored by the process and predator optics will be the first place I look for quality optics.
Don't tease us; what did you get? 🤣

I wanted a Leopold Freedom in just a standard 3-9x40. I did some poking around on Amazon and saw that they were easily within my price range. @schmalts made the recommendation of an Athlon Argos HMR 2-12x42. I figured he knew how to maximize my price range with features and went with it. The scope arrived so fast that I set it aside and took a while to mount it and take it out to the range.

I finally got around to doing it and boy am I impressed! I have never had a rifle that I can shoot and know it’s going to group so tight that the holes touch. My 11 yr old laid down in the dirt for some prone shots and the confidence translates to him as well.

I loved driving home from shooting in the desert and hearing his confidence in the rifle. His excitement was worth every penny. From my 11 yr old: “we have a grim reaper! If we point it at anything it‘s like having a magic genie, our wishes will come true!”

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back