Caribou Gear Tarp

Pre Shed Scouting?

YoungBuck

Has anyone been out doing any pre-shed scouting? I went into one of the areas I shed hunt alot this weekend.....seen a couple of forkies and 5 yotes....There was a skiff of snow down low and only about 4 inches at the highest point I made it. I think it takes quite a bit more snow than that to get the big boys on the move in this area so I might give it a couple weeks before I go back....It was beyond cold down there though!
I cant wait to go check my honey hole this year though! With the moisture allowing for some of the bucks to reach maximum antler growth this year there should be some pigs running around! Only a couple more months and there will be fresh bone on the ground!
YB

all the time! Heres a sample of a few just from the last few days:

today_096.sized.jpg

monsterbuck_003.sized.jpg

today_035.sized.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I wouldnt mind having the sheds off the second buck...Looks like he could be a real monster in a couple of years! Hopefully we get alot of moisture this year like we did last year......I think it is pretty amazing that last year was a banner year for monster elk...and this year is a banner year for monster bucks.....could next year be a mixture?
YB

Lets hope so, but one thing i know is this coming spring will be a banner year for sheds ;)

That's a nice buck and i think it know right were you took that picture. Mabe this year when iam back we can go togather and i will take you to my honey hole.

Tony,
Hey man nice to see ya still around. Wheres your honey hole? Give me a call sometimes at 389 9905. Hows school going man? Long time no see!

awesome pics!!!! I wouldnt mind any of those bucks sheds...thanks for sharing!

I been out seeing some 3 points and 2points mostly around some winter range . I just cant wait until they drop . Nice pics.

later , hunter cameron

Found a great buck this weekend running around in an area I found a few fresh sheds in last year....hopefully he stays put! He was at least a 6x6 not very wide...but tall with long tines and awesome mass out to the tips...I cant wait till they start dropping....especially since I found my big typical shed in the same area...so hopefully it will show up this year!
YB

I might make a road trip this spring through utah and down into arizona to shed hunt the strip. Kinda depends on how the money situation is going and if I dont wreck my truck this winter! LOL. It is a long trip to one of my shed hunting spots and the road is usually pretty nasty and slick....so hopefully the weather turns bad but not incredibly bad!
YB

Been seeing some decent bucks but nothing jawdropping yet. Everything is still carrying. Moose should be dropping. Saw a decent bull still carrying yesterday. Hoping to find some fresh moose tine this week if I'm lucky.
IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back