Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

PPU match line ammunition?

wtbarefield

Hello, has anyone had any experience with PPU brand Match Line ammunition? Found some on the shelf for 6.5x55 swedish (which is never in stock around here) and thought i would give it a shot. Anybody have any experience with it?

Shot the plain vanilla PPU out of milsurps for years. Was on the dirty side and smelled curiously of Windex, but it went bang. What projectile are these carrying?

I have 3 swedish Mauser that I have shot the blue box ppu in. All went bang. Not terrible ammo, mainly I wanted to punch some holes in paper, get the guns close, then reload and sight in with hand loaded ammo. I really like Nosler BT 140 gr with IMR 4064 out of my custom bench rifle built on a 1912 M96 action.

I have 3 swedish Mauser that I have shot the blue box ppu in. All went bang. Not terrible ammo, mainly I wanted to punch some holes in paper, get the guns close, then reload and sight in with hand loaded ammo. I really like Nosler BT 140 gr with IMR 4064 out of my custom bench rifle built on a 1912 M96 action.
I too have 3 sweds. I have shot the blue box ppu before but was not impressed with the accuracy. I can get consistent 1/4-1/2" groups @100yds. with federal gold medal match 93gr. I'm not fond of the light bullets but they definitely shoot well. Just figured I would give the ppu match line another chance for the price and availability. I'm going to try to give them a shot tomorrow. I will update after

I have some for my 9.3. They shoot pretty good actually. Haven't killed anything with them but really curious to try them on elk.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back