Caribou Gear

Potential Poaching?

madplume

Hello Hunttalkers,
This last weekend, I like many others was out for Montana's rifle opener. It was an eventful day, but I went home empty handed, but with some stories. Early afternoon I was driving out of the Little Snowy Mountains in unit 530. On a piece of private 50 yards off the road I seen a big beautiful 6x7 bull elk laying down. I stopped just to admire him for a little bit, if you don't know 530 is a limited entry unit for bull elk. He wasn't moving, so much so I started to think he might be dead. I yelled at him clapped my hands waited and nothing. So I yelled again, honked my horn and still nothing. After trying this a few times I was convinced he was dead. Putting together his size, a limited entry unit, right next to the road, opening day, he must have been poached. I called the Montana tip line and reported it, they were sending a game worden out. Frustrated and angered I called my wife to check in, tell her what happened. After not even a minute that son of a b*tch elk stood up and just stared at me, he was just sleeping wtf lol. So I called the tip line again told them I was wrong, explained, and was laughed at deservedly so. Well I hope everyone is having a good hunting season, enjoy it to the fullest.

I saw a deer falling into a deep sleep in its bed one time and it looked like it was dying, flailing it's head about and then going limp. I actually thought he might have been shot momentarily. After a while it got up and walked off like nothing had happened.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back