Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Portable Power Options

Jape

Heading to Alaska in August for a couple weeks on a dall sheep hunt and would love to hear of experience with various solar/power pack combos that have worked well. I'm looking at the Goal Zero Nomad 10 with Venture 30 so that I have something light and easy with the backup ability to use the power bank if it's cloudy.

I will be powering my cell phone, camera, and GPS. My use of the cell phone and GPS will be relatively minimal (sending a couple text messages per day to family and taking some pics - although I have thought about downloading some books....). I think my use of the camera will be more extensive since I will be using it to take video. Do you think the Goal Zero combo is enough for everything? Maybe I should get a different camera/camcorder that has removable batteries?

Heading to Alaska in August for a couple weeks on a dall sheep hunt and would love to hear of experience with various solar/power pack combos that have worked well. I'm looking at the Goal Zero Nomad 10 with Venture 30 so that I have something light and easy with the backup ability to use the power bank if it's cloudy.

I will be powering my cell phone, camera, and GPS. My use of the cell phone and GPS will be relatively minimal (sending a couple text messages per day to family and taking some pics - although I have thought about downloading some books....). I think my use of the camera will be more extensive since I will be using it to take video. Do you think the Goal Zero combo is enough for everything? Maybe I should get a different camera/camcorder that has removable batteries?
Glad you asked that question, wanting to know the same thing. How much does that kit weigh, btw?

Be curious as to others experience with these products as well. Been looking at some options for hunting, camping, hiking trips

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back