MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Polarized Sunglasses

SteveM

WHo here wears polarized sunglasses? Do they make that much difference over a good quality pair of non=polarized. I have two pair of good dark sunglasses and can upgrade the lenses in one to polarized pretty cheaply.

Steve

Steve..
Ive bought the expensive ones more than once... After loosing them while driving the boat more than once.. I picked up the 9.99 FLW Wal-Mart specials... They work just as good

Delw

Try them. If you fish clear water ever you'll never be without them again. On rivers and streams especially you will see a lot more fish than you would without them.

Being an impoverished fool, I have only fished with the Wal-Mart 9.99-12.99 plastic lenses. Has onyone ever bought the +$100 versions? Are they significantly better?

I bought a pair of $130 glass's twice at the local fishing store... they fit nice and looked nice, they worked great.. only problem is when I turned my head in the boat they flew off into the lake...

Delw

The reflection was the same.. however the eye strain was alot less and they cleaned better...

Delw

Being someone with the eyesight of a bat. I just use the cheap ones that go over my regular glasses. Makes me look like I belong in Sun city. :(

Wish I could get a good pair of polarized Rx glasses that where some type of wrap-around style. :cool:

BTW I think that they do help quite a bit when your looking for beds. :cool:

Westy...

Westy..

Check out these glasses. I own a pair of Kerosenes and love them. They have may styles that look like they have both polarized lenses and can be Rx. The thing I like most about them is the lenses can be replaces even if they're just scratched for about $15 plust the cost of shippin them back.

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/

Steve

I bought the cheapo wal-mart specials and they made a big difference for carp sticking. I would recommend getting a pair that also block from the sides. They look like crap, but I can see better with 'em.

I got a pair of Bill Dance specials at wal-mart and they work fine although I look like a dork with them on. Then again, I look like a dork without them. I prefer to be a dork who's catching fish so I wear them.

You can get cooler looking ones but they do tend to be pricey

Erik.. Funny you should say "look like a dork"

Today on our way to the lake I asked my buddy if he had his sun glass's... His answer "um no I forgot them" so me being the observent guy I am happened to spot a pair in his wifes truck(we used hers to tow the boat).. now granted they definatly have " You need an a$$ Beating" writen all over but them ,But hey sometimes you got to do what you got to do.....

Delw

That's why I always keep a spare pain in my truck. Might be worth keeping a cheap pain in the boat for emergencies.

Steve

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back