Poaching Article

Crockett

From the Casper Trib
Trial set for men accused of sheep poaching
CODY, Wyo. (AP) - Two Greybull men accused of shooting two bighorn rams west of Cody have been scheduled for a three-day trial beginning May 7.
Gary Vorhies, 38, and Cody Cannady, 32, have pleaded innocent to misdemeanor poaching charges. The case has outraged by hunters, with some of them calling for stiff penalties.

The rams were killed on Christmas Eve just off the North Fork Highway in the Shoshone National Forest. Vorhies admitted shooting the animals, while Cannady admitted helping cut the head and cape off one of the carcasses, according to authorities.

Vorhies could face up to four years in jail and $54,000 in fines. Cannady could face up to two years in jail and $27,000 in fines.

????? One admits shooting them and the other admits caping them. How the hell can they plead innocent?
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Elkhunter, Do you want shooting or caping duty? I'll pick up your slack.

It absolutely makes no sense to me that two grown men would get caught poaching, admit shooting and caping, then plead innocent to the charges. What I find even more incredulous is that they will probably get off because they made those admissions before they were Mirandised. I hope the sitting judge is of the opinion that the Miranda ruling is obsolete. That would just about make my day perfect.

cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back