Pistol scope for visually impaired shooter

ssmusicman

I have a blind friend coming to town next week and he wants to do some shooting. I need to buy a long eye relief pistol scope for a rifle so I can be back over his shoulder and sight the gun for him. Anyone done this before? Suggestions on either the equipment or techniques would be appropriated.

You could use a regular scope with a phone scope type attachment to it. No pistol scope required
Screenshot_20210511-143346_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210511-143359_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I met a gunsmith up in Rainbow, Alaska a lot of years ago that showed me a rifle he'd put together. 8x57 and he mounted the handgun scope way out on the barrel, looked silly. But tell you what I've never seen another set up come up so fast and get a good view through the scope. My favorite hunting scope is a 2 3/4x Redfield and much as I like it, it's not as fast as that was. But I think what you'll find is a blind guy simply can't shoot except to point him down range and let him pull the trigger. Or is the guy not totally blind? Used to be a guy around here that was legally blind but could still see well enough to shoot guns. Not sure how he did it as he wore by far the thickest glass's I've ever seem. He did shoot pretty well!

My friend has advanced Retinitis Pigmentosa, I believe he has less than 5% of his sight left now. Thanks for the phone scope idea, I will be looking into that tonight.

My friend has advanced Retinitis Pigmentosa, I believe he has less than 5% of his sight left now. Thanks for the phone scope idea, I will be looking into that tonight.
Good luck, take some pictures if it works out. If time is of the essence and you know someone with an amazon prime account, you can pick up an off-brand model for >$20 with two day shipping

Back