Peax vs Seek teepee ⛺️ Spoiler: Bought a Argali

mxracer317

The Peax Solitude 4 Tipi is still pretty new, but wondering if anyone has experience using it. Especially in comparison to the Seek Teepee’s?

The Peax Solitude 4 Tipi is still pretty new, but wondering if anyone has experience using it. Especially in comparison to the Seek Teepee’s?
No experience with Peax Tipi. It is hasnt been around too long.

Everything I own from Seek Outside is outstanding.

The seek is made here by the company that sells it, the Peax is made in China by who knows what manufacturer and then has a label attached to it.

I’ve only ever used a seek, it was nice and I wish I had one

In my opinion any "4 man" tipi is too small. I wouldn't recommend any of them. Used a seek outside 4 man for the last 2 years. I cant tell you how much stuff has gotten burned on the stove. Sold it and upgraded to the 8 man. Realistically the 8 man is comfortable for 2 people.

In my opinion any "4 man" tipi is too small. I wouldn't recommend any of them. Used a seek outside 4 man for the last 2 years. I cant tell you how much stuff has gotten burned on the stove. Sold it and upgraded to the 8 man. Realistically the 8 man is comfortable for 2 people.
I’m going to disagree with this one. It just depends on your use case. I have the Seek cimarron ultralight with a large u-turn stove. The thing is an absolute palace for two guys with the stove if you are backpack hunting. If you are hunting from the truck then it wouldn’t be luxurious. There is no perfect tent for every situation. Three years ago we used it on mule deer hunt where the temps got down to -5 two nights in a row and wind was howling 35-45 mph one night. The stove turned what could have been a brutal few days into a pleasant time. I can’t recommend the setup enough for most fall backpacking trips

This is not my experience.

I use a Lil Bug Out base and vestible a lot solo. An absolute palace for me, my pack, and my weapon with a stove and that is with the nest installed. Even roomier without the nest. Tight but doable with 2 and no stove and no nest. Definitely works well for a couple with the nest. Add the tarp and it is a palace for 2.

Stayed in a Cimmaron a couple nights this spring with a buddy. Worked well with the stove and no gear except weapons. Not super roomy but had plenty of space to be comfy. I think the Redclff would be money for two hunters, gear, and stove.

Glad I got the LBO system before they stopped making it.

What do you like better about Argali than the other 2? Just getting into hot teepee tents.
I’ll barge in since I had both the Rincon and Absaroka.

There’s so much convenience with Argali tents. They are super lightweight, stakes are solid and if you need a mesh insert they can have one. In regards to the Rincon, if you don’t want to buy the pole to pitch it, you can use a trekking pole.

Very waterproof as well outside of the condensation. I’ve taken naps in both during the rain and stayed completely dry.

I’m going to use the Absaroka for first rifle with my stove. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I’ve camped twice in the Rincon. Camp was broke down in 15 minutes from ground to bags. That’s including my sleep system.

This is not my experience.

I use a Lil Bug Out base and vestible a lot solo. An absolute palace for me, my pack, and my weapon with a stove and that is with the nest installed. Even roomier without the nest. Tight but doable with 2 and no stove and no nest. Definitely works well for a couple with the nest. Add the tarp and it is a palace for 2.

Stayed in a Cimmaron a couple nights this spring with a buddy. Worked well with the stove and no gear except weapons. Not super roomy but had plenty of space to be comfy. I think the Redclff would be money for two hunters, gear, and stove.

Glad I got the LBO system before they stopped making it.
Redcliff definitely is the better option. I'm not saying the 4 man is uninhabitable its just that realistically with 2 guys and the stove is very very cramped. We were in it last year in some nasty conditions. One night the wind was so strong it ripped the stove pipe out of the stove and burned the liner. Same trip a herd of elk came right through camp, in our haste we tried to get out of the tent and my buddy burned his brand new coat on the stove. Just not a lot of room to operate in it is all.

Redcliff definitely is the better option. I'm not saying the 4 man is uninhabitable its just that realistically with 2 guys and the stove is very very cramped. We were in it last year in some nasty conditions. One night the wind was so strong it ripped the stove pipe out of the stove and burned the liner. Same trip a herd of elk came right through camp, in our haste we tried to get out of the tent and my buddy burned his brand new coat on the stove. Just not a lot of room to operate in it is all.

Completely agree. The Cimmaron was fine for sleeping two with stove and no gear. But that is only sleeping. The weather was good enough when I used it that all of the living was done outside. I wouldn’t want to be rained or snowed in the Cimmaron for a couple of days with someone else, well with a dude anyway…

Went with Argali Absaroka 4p, Skyline Ti stove and half nest. Chatted with the owner, Brad. Solid guy!

Thanks @Ghillieman & @perma for steering me in that direction. Very impressed with their gear.

You might want to check out lite outdoors. Their stuff is way lighter than seek and way less expensive.

Going to try it out tonight. Do you guys ever have problems with mosquitoes getting underneath and in the tent? I don’t have a nest.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back